WSI WindCast Product Suite
Products For North America
WindCast IQ | WindCast RT | WindCast
Products For Europe
WindCast e-Power | WindCast
WSI uses a cutting-edge, intelligent blend of the most skillful weather models available as well as WSI’s own proprietary high resolution weather model to produce accurate 7-day hourly predictions of wind speed at the all important turbine height for any wind farm in the world. This unbeatable accuracy and point-by-point global information helps traders, system operators and wind power producers make more informed decisions day in and day out.
WSI WindCast IQ
Wind is one of the fastest growing and most difficult to predict forms of electric power generation. It is also a significant factor in driving congestion and price volatility in many regional markets. Now power traders in key wind regions can receive the most comprehensive and skillful forecasts thanks to WSI and Genscape's market intelligence unit. WSI WindCast IQ helps traders gain a clearer understanding of the expected wind power generation within an ISO.
WSI’s industry leading research and development team uses a cutting-edge, intelligent blend of the most proficient weather models available to produce accurate predictions of the key meteorological parameters (at the all important turbine hub height) for any wind farm around the world. The meteorological parameters are then integrated into Genscape’s state-of-the-art wind power model, leveraging the company’s unique understanding of the grid and compensating for non-meteorological factors such as congestion, maintenance, cut-outs and negative day-ahead pricing which may prevent wind power from reaching the grid. Additionally, Genscape monitors on key wind farms improve the forecast performance by enabling model calibration on real-time wind generation data. This unbeatable combination of meteorological and analytical expertise provides traders with the necessary tools to make more informed decisions every day.
WindCast IQ delivers:
- Accurate 7-day hourly ISO-level wind power forecasts enhanced with critical congestion information and expert analysis into the activity of individual wind farms
- Monthly summaries with information on new wind generation build out and any new units in the region coming onto the grid
- Regional graphics depicting the wind forecast over the next several days to identify trends
WSI WindCast RT
WindCast RT combines best-of-breed features from both Onsemble and WSI. The tool provides real-time readings from Onsemble’s West Texas network of sensors capturing wind data. Every ten minutes, through a mapping interface, clients can view the latest wind speed and direction from each of Onsemble’s towers, which are strategically located near existing wind farms. WSI combines this with its leading RPM mesoscale model, delivering an updated forecast every hour, up to twelve hours ahead.
The WindCast RT platform allows traders to compare the six most recent RPM and official ERCOT hourly forecasts within the same application interface for better understanding of forecast trends. WindCast RT’s information is constantly updated in real-time and can be aggregated across multiple regions or charted to reflect a specific region of the market, such as West Texas.
WindCast RT offers:
- Real-time hub-height observations from Onsemble’s network of sensors
- New WSI RPM-based forecasts of regional and ERCOT wind generation. Forecasts are issued every hour, out to 12-hours
- Wind data collected near the exact points of energy generation and at hub height – where it matters most
- Real-time wind generation monitoring in key western wind zones
- The ability to spot trends early, benchmark wind plant performance and continually stay in touch with the market
Wind is one of the fastest growing forms of electric power generation worldwide. WSI WindCast uses a cutting-edge, intelligent blend of the most skillful weather models available to produce accurate 7-day hourly predictions of wind power and speed at the all important turbine height for any wind farm in the world. This unbeatable accuracy and point-by-point global information helps traders, system operators and wind power producers make more informed decisions day in and day out. Tested in Europe, Asia and North America since 2004, WSI WindCast has consistently outperformed industry standard benchmarks.
WSI WindCast can:
- Update forecasts up to seven times per day and deliver them directly to the user via FTP or email
- Provide forecasts of temperature, pressure and wind direction (which directly impact on the power produced by a wind turbine) for users calculating wind power using their own models
- Deliver graphical depictions of forecasts to identify trends
- Supply RPM Wind Forecasts at different heights for major Power Pool regions, affording users the opportunity to better understand large scale wind events and their impact on power generation